Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Hong Kong Mega Thread:
https://twitter.com/DanielDumbrill/status/1185026676343758848?s=20

I've had fewer and fewer doubts that this is now Primarily a foreign violent separatist "Color Revolution."

I would say in general to my fellow revolutionaries.  Winning hearts and minds is the key to poltical victory.  Terrorizing all is the path to Fascism.  This is certain the later, not a poltical process.

In my dream world, other police forces would be studying the Hong Kong police force, which so far has done unbelievably well in handling this without causing death.  I doubt any Western country could come close.

I'm tending to think US is pushing this now because Trump leaning intelligence needs a corrupt regime change project, Democrats got theirs in Ukraine.

None of my friends are getting this, they consider US support fairly coincidental, and merely helping Hong Kongers mobilize for freedom and democracy.

Yet, they see RT America (which I consider fairly good, and generally the best TV news I know) as a foreign influence operation.

They don't see the things I do through my antiwar twitter contacts like Aaron Mate, and ConsortiumNews.  NPR and DemocracyNow are far left enough for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment