Saturday, December 19, 2020

Submission to the Texas Legislature now considering Marijuana Legalization

I've been a lifelong user of marijuana and know many others.  I've always found it helps me be more creative and more patient in dealing with the world.  Sometimes it has been beneficial socially, but these opportunities have been sadly too limited.  I completed a very successful career in software development, becoming chief programmer on a world standard scientific program until my retirement in 2019.  No one I've known among many elite technical, scientific and cultural associates has believed that marijuana prohibition made any sense except as a tool for selective racist prosecution, and that the harm of marijuana laws themselves has been great to many.  Texas is now way behind other states, including my birth state California, where full marijuana legalization has been a great success.  Texas has the unique opportunity to be #1 in marijuana production.

No comments:

Post a Comment