Friday, January 8, 2021

Trolls unmasked by their whataboutism

Pat Buchanan says this was not the Reichstag fire, and compares with BLM protests.

It looks like the evacuation protocols saved Pence, Pelosi, and Schumer from being kidnapped or hanged.  And the packed molotov cocktails were not used.

It was not the Reichstag fire, but if insurrectionists had gotten their way, it might have been.

I'm subtracting credibility from any kind of whataboutism used to soften this.  I'm seeing it all over my leftish twitterverse (which now appears to be mostly trots) and RT;com, and now Buchanan.  I'm starting to thin the people I follow and subscribe to, and switching to others.  This has been useful in seeing the true face of many commentators.  Even if they were not trolls, as many of my friends have always claimed, how could they be this stupid!

Trump cheered on the invasion while watching on TV.  He must have wanted more than 4 hours delay in the certification.  That would not have been worth the trouble.

We dodged the Reichstag fire.  This time.


I'm also unsubcribing from most of those who believe it was wrong, in the end, for Twitter and Facebook to ban Trump for inciting an violent attack on Congress.  I think Twitter and Facebook did for Trump pretty much what they should do for all people.  He had a wide berth to spin theories for a long time.  That was within his rights IMO.  Inciting a violent attack on the constitutional process to select the next President was not.  He can no longer be trusted with a centimillion person megaphone.

I do indeed fear that there will be more censorship, etc, of good people.  I want to know when that happens.  But meanwhile I don't want to be supporting trots and insurrectionists defending Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment