Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Letter to my Representative

I am strongly opposed to continuing the US/Russia proxy war in Ukraine which started with the US backed Revolution of Dignity in 2014 which overthrew President Yanukovych who had been favored by the large ethnic Russian community in eastern Ukraine and resulted in a civil war which killed 14,000 people prior to the entry of Russia to protect the Minsk II promised autonomy of eastern regions.

What does any of this have to do with the security of Americans?  Why has the House now voted for $40 billion in additional military aid to Ukraine when many of our  pressing needs in America are ignored?   Why is the US tying up global trade and the US dollar with sanctions--another form of war--which are already a leading factor in supply problems and inflation.

I am deeply disappointed that Democratic House members voted unanimously for this.   I voted for Democrats since I could first vote in 1976, because I thought, apparently wrongly, that Democrats were the party of peace--at least more often than Republicans.  Now it appears the Democratic Party is the greater party of endless war.  While only a minority, at least 57 Republicans voted against the $40 Billion.  I respect them for that.  Now it is mostly Republicans, including Ron Paul, who speak the truth on war and peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment