Saturday, March 9, 2024

X marks the spot

Twitter was always controlled media.  New ownership has simply shifted the controls slightly to the right.  Questioning the US oligarchic empire too much will get you banned or worse, just like before.  Scott Ritter was banned, now he's "back" (I think).  Kit Klarenberg was banned.  There is no evidence that speech has become any freer, if anything the reverse.

Shadow banning seems worse than ever.  Many people I follow say their follower saw precipitous drops to 1/10 or even 1/100 of what they had before.  I used to get up to 5 likes, now I can make 100 posts to get one like.

When you are reading a thread, there may be multiple shadowed dialogs you can gain access to which warn of "offensive" dialog.  Few of the messages I've seen contain abusive language.  My carefully written posts sometimes end up below the second "offensive" warning.

I notice I get a red line under such words as Hasbara and Zionism.

IOW, all the words an anti-racist and anti-imperialist might use are on the list of offensive words.

No comments:

Post a Comment