Sunday, August 21, 2022

Movie Services

I cancelled cable because of what I perceived as completely anti-left POV, shows with "Centrist" blowhards like Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow I would not want to see any of my money going towards.

I'm cancelling Netflix, which I just signed up for days ago to see "Don't Look Up," a movie not available elsewhere.  You could say that's a movie made by a leftist, though it's a quirky movie.

But it seems their archives (older movies that haven't been expired) are either notoriously violent or right wing.  Perhaps that's just the taste of most American viewers.  Lefter directors are lesser represented.

Paying for each individual movie is the only way to get past such restricted paywalls that attempt to control you.  Mostly--not everything is available even through online stores.  Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm going to get sucked into movies I wouldn't watch otherwise with the selection on Netflex, and skip those I want to see most.

I still try to buy disks first.

I suppose there could be a similar problem for music with words...that's a problem I haven't kept up with because I mostly listen to music without words.  I've been "happy" with two streaming services, Tidal and Qobuz for a few years now.

But there's no getting away from politics and religion in movies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment