Thursday, March 19, 2020

Tulsi Endorses Biden

Needless to say, as an early supporter of Tulsi (but greater supporter of Sanders) because I am an anti-Imperialist, I was very disappointed to see Tulsi endorse Biden.

It appears we had several faux progressive candidates.  Only two were the real deal, Bernie and Mike Gravel.  The rest, it appears, were shills.

Part of being Progressive is being one with the other Progressive Candidates.

Until the first vote at the Convention.

Only after losing that, can progressive candidates endorse a corporate candidate without getting shill status.

Bernie too, won "shill" status in 2016.  We have yet to see if he will this time.

Of course he won't run 3rd party, and no one should make that a condition for decency (as some do).  For the longest time, Tulsi-only's on Twitter claimed that Tulsi would be the one to have the guts to do that, after another predictable Sanders foiling.

This isn't even about finding the perfect messenger.  This is about holding together the largest possible coalition to defeat the CorporateCrats in the DemocraticParty, which is the only viable party in which they have a chance.  We may be failing to do that.  I concede I haven't done as much as I should have.  I felt too certain that Bernie would win Texas, where I live, so I didn't work as hard as I could have.

But even failing to defeat the CorporateCrats is no good reason to jump to FascistPopulists or SplinterCandidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment