Thursday, March 5, 2020

Anti-Social-ist Media

I've been reading about people, including some I support, others whose right to speak I'd defend anyway, being banned by Twitter and Facebook.

Apparently due to some posts I've made, Facebook decided yesterday I needed to re-confirm my account because of suspicious posts led them to believe my account had been hacked.  All the posts were 100% authentic, and were pretty similar to stuff I say on this blog (while it lasts...), maybe even slightly restrained compared to what I'd say here.

It appears that mentioning Communism, Communists, are among things they look for on Facebook.  But in fact I run a Facebook Page for the local Communist Party, and there has never been a problem with that (in fact, Facebook automagically suggests I promote it, which I understand is not a good idea and in fact could lead to it being banned).

In the last few days, I can't even connect to Twitter from my personal Mac.  I can still connect to Twitter on my iPhone.

As I've argued, these companies are not publishers, they are Platforms, which need to be open to anyone legally exercising their right to free speech.  Promotion could be limited to vetted speakers.





No comments:

Post a Comment