Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Nakba

The Nakba described.

In 1947-1948 750,000 Palestinians were fled in panic or were forcibly expelled from their homes by Jewish forces.  Their majority presence and ownership of the land were obstacles to the creation of the Jewish State.  Jews had owned 7 percent of the land and constituted 33 percent of the population.  Nevertheless, Israel was established on 78 percent of the land and made into a Jewish state, which does not permit the return of Arab refugees, but does permit the admission of Jews born anywhere.  And Israel is still an occupying force in the remaining 22%, and Arab refugees are not allowed to return there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment